Preschool education & its importance
preschool program provides stimulating environment for intellectual, language, social, emotional and physical development of young children. The preschool curriculum prepares the children for the future learning and also focuses on holistic development. It helps in laying foundation for the early development of reading, writing, and math. This curriculum indirectly promotes independence and self control ultimately leading to inner discipline in children.
Some of the activities in Montessori preschool curriculum are
- Outdoor activities which enhances muscle coordination, socialization.
- Practical life activities helps in fine muscle and eye hand coordination. sand provides rich tactile sensory experiences by enhancing children’s imagination and co-operative skills.
- Art helps concept formation like color, size, shape, texture , consistency and also improves child’s imagination.
- Story time is fun for children. It helps as a play therapy through role play. It lays foundation for future reading habits
- Music and singing helps children to express themselves through body movements in response to music and words. It helps in improving vocabulary and self expression.